Thursday, May 16, 2013

Social Media and Me

Okay, so someone- the one I love, who is wonderful, thinks I should do that Pinterest thing as an author. Yeah. I can't even keep up with all the social media avenues that are constantly merging into the super highway (hell, does anyone even call it that anymore?) seems like daily. If this blog was goldfish, it would be belly-up, bloated and stinking up the place by now.

While I get the whole sharing everything immediately, I long for the days when writers/authors would become known and get their name out there via hard work and good writings. Not who has the biggest blog, the most friends, the herd of followers. Don't get me wrong, I love my fans. I have come to need them for support and encouragement as much as they need me for a few twisted words and tales.

But I like to think its for the writing. (It's definitely not for my sparkling personality and outgoing manner).

I keep telling myself that one of these days I will turn off the modem, disable the data on my phone and shut myself up for 7 days straight and write. Crank out a book in 7 days non-stop. I have yet to be able to pull it off (yes, I too have issues of partaking of the same thing I am bitching about, see sparkling and outgoing above).

But...ONE day I will do it.

Oh..and for the total joy of randomness...


What other words are there for SPENT?

No comments:

Post a Comment